Monday, June 29

Revenge of the Fallen Standards

Since the time I've seen Transformers last Thursday, over the weekend many other people have been given the chance to watch the movie and many find that I've been a little too hard on the film by pretty much declaring it to be a total pile of crap. It's not that the film is totally devoid of merit or anything, its just that I figured there'd be no point in pointing out the obvious stuff that would be good, like say, the special effects. I mean, if there's anything good about Michael Bay's films its that you know there's gonna be really good production values behind it. The problem is, someone decided that things like character development and good writing need not apply, they took it a step further and decided that simple common sense need not apply. I'm really not even sure why they bothered with dialogue, the whole film could have been giant robots beating the crap out of each other while Megan Fox poledanced in the background. But I guess the writers wouldn't get to flex their comedic muscle and write such witty dialogue.

Currently, on the IMDB this film has a rating of 6.8 with a little over 20,000 votes. This overall rating doesn't really jive with my overall beratement of the film, I'd give it no higher than a 3/10 personally, because at least the film was visually pleasing and there were a few moments where I actually said, "hey, that was neat". But anyway, I blame this discrepancy more on the fact that people have lowered their standards of quality rather than me being too hard on the movie. That being said, I do realize I may have been too hard on some films in the past, and I now owe a public apology the following films that everyone else seems to love but I hated....

Pirates of the Carribbean Dead Man's Chest and At World's End

Spiderman 3

Hulk (2003 ver.)

Final Fantasy Advent Children

Twilight

I now realize these movies could have been far, far worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment