Thursday, August 20

Persona 3 for PSP

So it looks like another version of Persona 3 is making its way over to the PSP. Oh man, come on Atlus, how can ya just skip over P2 like that? Originally the whole reason I threatened everyone I personally knew who owned a PSP bodily harm if they didn't preorder the upcoming P1 remake was so that Atlus could take a look at it and say, "Hmm...ya know what? This game sold very well, perhaps we could finally officially localize both versions of P2 on the PSP as well." Alas, but no, this game will be the 3rd release of a game whose original version has barely been out for 3 years. I mean, I know that P3 pretty much put the company on the map in terms of worldwide appeal, but how many re-releases of this game do we need? I sadly haven't even finished "The Answer" portion of FES yet. This game is starting to turn into Ys I and II if they keep re-releasing it. Heck, they may as well just remake LUNAR for the PSP while they're at it....oh wait.

2 comments:

  1. Remakes are ok if they are at least good games. Persona 3 will probably make them more money so they chose to remake that one. If you don't want them then don't buy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you got the wrong idea. I'm not angry that it's being remade, just a little disappointed. I mean, I'll probably buy the thing anyway its just that I find it to be a very unnecessary remake considering that Innocent Sin has yet to see a US release of any kind at all. The only remake I've ever been truly frustrated with were the FF I and II remakes for PSP which were pretty much a damned joke considering they sold together on the GBA. Slight sprite upgrades do not a $40 individual purchase make.

    ReplyDelete