Tuesday, August 18

Mahhhhvul vs. Capcuuum Tew

So I've decided to go ahead and download Marvel vs. Capcom 2 off of the PS store and take it "fo' a riiide" and I have to say, I'm actually playing it a lot more than I anticipated. It's aged a lot better than I figured it would have. I didn't care for it too much back when it released. Sure, it's broken all to heck with the Marvel characters winning the top tier bracket easily over the Capcom ones and the music is just as grating and irritating as ever and the basic gameplay has been dumbed down to super move, super move, super move, super move, super move as opposed to utilizing actual combat strategy, but I guess since I know these things going into it this time I'm not disappointed. That and it's a heck of a lot cheaper than what it was back on the DC or PS2.

I can with confidence say I definitely made the right decision to get rid of my copy of KOF XII condsidering I'm having more fun playing a game that's nearly 10 years old for a fraction of the cost. I preordered my copy of KOF XII picked it up that Friday and quickly figured out after a few hours of play that it totally wasn't worth a purchase, but I actually held out over the weekend for the infamous patch that really did nothing and that was pretty much the final straw. Even if they do inevitably fix the online or add some decent DLC, the online community for the game at this point has dwindled to nothing except the SNK Nazis who practically burn you at the stake for not liking the game and dare to express something as crazy as a negative opinion and wish to continue to live in a fantasy world where Arc System Works totally doesn't exist and you're not a real fan for being angry with your purchase, shame on you for not supporting SNK for not buying their subpar effort because they totally work hard and stuff and to hell with those reviewers like Famitsu, they don't know what they're talking about even though they're a well respected magazine with a 20 year history from the country of the game's origin and several other well respected US publications agree with them as well, they don't know what they're talking about and they're all paid off every one of them and SNK IS GOD please allow me to throw more money at you guys I will pay full price no matter what the rest of the world says and oh my God a new patch is coming soon when will Mai get here?

Needless to say, I'll stick with MvC.

1 comment: