Sunday, June 13

My crappy day.

This is nothing more than some random musings I felt the need to share as it was so bizarre I figured I would never experience anything like it again. Well, I hope not anyway. It just goes to show once you think you’ve seen it all in this world, you haven’t. If you’re queasy or sick to the stomach over hearing things that are kind of gross, read no further. Just a warning.

So I work in a local video store and it was a fairly slow morning and I decided to go up into the tape archive in the back where we keep the really old stuff and do some reorganizing/cleaning etc. since every so often a customer will go back there and check it out looking for older stuff. Well, as I was cleaning I couldn’t help but notice a particular odor. I raised my head and made sort of a face as it felt like a fairly distinct smell but I figured maybe it was just me and ignored it and continued my work. As I made my way down the rows making sure everything was in its proper place, that’s when the smell started to become more prominent. I became much more aware at this point and looked around and took a sniff. “What the…?” I thought to myself as the smell I picked up on felt something akin to a gas pipe that had been busted or something. That was my initial thought before I did a bit of poking around and I noticed a few movies had been shuffled out of place more than usual and I walked closer to get a better look. The strange smell had turned to a flat out disgusting stink at this point when I noticed a white paper towel balled up behind the shelf. I stupidly reached for it without thinking before seeing a dried brown turd wrapped up inside of it. It was oddly hot dog shaped and about as large. It took me a split second before I put 2 and 2 together and realized I had just touched a disgusting block of shit and nearly gagged as the disgusting stink had filled my nostrils.

Needless to say I ran to the back and quickly disposed of the paper towel with the offending substance inside and struggled to maintain my gag reflex as I tried to forget about the fact that I just grabbed a ball of shit. Not that I don’t have a strong stomach or anything (I agreed to help load some farm animals for the FFA club in high school as a favor to a friend years ago) but I guess the very idea that someone would be so disgusting as to stash their disgusting poop somewhere in a public place like that just made me wretch. I ended up having to remove every movie from the area and sanitize the damn thing and spray the hell out of it with disinfectant. I then rushed to the city dumpster in the back, threw all of the garbage away and some of the smell still lingered afterwards. The clean up process isn’t even finished yet. The most important thing I want to know is, was this some sort of prank or what? And if so, why in God’s name would you keep a dry turd around with you and stash it somewhere? I just don’t have an answer folks.

The moral of this story? Some people are fucking disgusting and you really have to wonder what their houses look like. How can people be so nasty like that?

1 comment: